Industrial residues Center
CCTT of Cégep Abitibi-Témiscamingue
Areas of expertise
- Valuation of mining residues
- Planting of tailings storage areas
- Active, passive, semi-passive treatment of contaminated water
- Valuation of residual forest biomass and underutilized resources
- Recovery of Agrobiofood residues
Discover what this CCTT can do for you
Examples of applications
Chemical and microbiological analysis and characterization
Establishment of scientific protocols
Advanced characterization of residual biomass
Thermochemical valuation of biomass
Treatment paths of contaminated biomass waste
Development and optimization of ore processing methods on a semi-industrial scale
Treatment of industrial and mining effluents by physical chemical and biological technologies.
Decontamination and revegetation of sites disturbed by industrial activity.
Chemistry / Microbiology / Molecular biology sector
- HPLC Chromatograph
- Fluorescence X-ray spectrometer
- Infrared spectrometer (DRIFT)
- UV-Visible spectrometer
- CHNS/O analyzer
- Calorimetry bomb
- Fermentors for alcoholic fermentation
- Microwave reactor
- Atomic absorption, graphite furnace and flame
- Total Carbon Analyzer, Organic Carbon, Inorganic carbon (TOC)
- TGA thermogravimetric analyzer coupled with a GC-MS
- Microwave plasma atomic emission spectrometer (MP-AES: metal analysis)
- Ionic chromatograph
- Solid phase fermenter
- Incubator agitator
- Centrifuge refrigerated tubes of 50ml and 15ml
- Centrifuge tubes of 1.5ml
- Micro volume spectrometer
- Thermocycler for quantitative real-time PCR (2)
- Imaging system for agarose gel
- Laminar flow hood
Mining / water treatment sector
- Semi-industrial mineral processing plant
- Mineral processing pilot (50 kg/h)
- Gravimetric separator (ores)
- Magnetic separator (ores)
- Biological treatment: UASB pilot, MBBR, RBC, sequential fermenters, STR.
- Physical treatment: pilot ion exchange, stripping, reverse osmosis, nano-filtration.
- Chemical treatment: ozonizer, UV treatment, advanced oxidation.
- Electrochemical treatment.
- High density mud driver (HDS).
- Crushing and sieving biomass line
- Mobile biomass shredder
- Continuous granulation pilot (250 kg / h)
- Continuous biomass roasting pilot (250 kg / h)
- Biomass flail dryer
- Pilot for physical and chemical biochar activation
- Analysis line of gaseous emissions